Monday, October 20, 2008

Pictures from last week

My mom came to visit from Mexico last week after celebrating with her mom in Colorado my grandmother's 90th birthday. We tried and tried but never could get Ava to sign 'grandma'. :( Maybe next time, Mom. Sorry.
We took the whole week off of school and my sister's kids came over to spend the night. The doorbell rang and there were some "surprise" visitors on the porch to visit Ava, Hope and Sebastian. I'm quite sure they knew that it was really their siblings and cousins dressed up as clowns but they played along anyway for the show.
Introducing Checkers and Polka Dot, the Clown Cousins who sing and dance.......


Huffy the Firefigher Clown, I think Ava was quite amused, especially considering the clown looked an awful lot like her brother and was wearing her own hat.
This is "Nunny" the boy clown who wears my dress and slippers, I think he was doing an opera performance for us here.
The clowns said good-bye, then got into their go- cart and drove away. Shortly afterward, Simeon, Liesel, Jude and Evi came in, disappointed that they missed the clown show. So we all packed up and went to the zoo. Unfortunately we didn't check the weather forecast first, and we all got drenched. Oh, well, that is how memories are made.

And as I snapped this last picture, I found myself wondering: If you are having a sleepover and happen to forget your toothbrush, is it better to borrow a cousin's toothbrush or just not brush your teeth at all? Just curious whether any studies have ever been done......

4 comments:

Marlita said...

I think since Liesel uses Evi's toothbrush, Evi feels the need to use Liesel's. It is kinda gross though....

Unknown said...

If you have to borrow a cousin's or friend's toothbrush, the key is to rinse it before and after with steaming hot tap water. World of difference that makes! My dad didn't quite see it that way once when I needed to borrow his when we were staying the night at my uncle's. But, my friends Mia and Karen both did in high school. No real issue, just ALWAYS remember the steaming hot tap water.

Anonymous said...

if you ever come to Mexico let me know I would love to meet Ava=)

junglemama said...

Great photos! How fun!