Monday, March 22, 2010

The Treasure of Family

I have not been blogging too much lately-I have had more important things to do! My grandmother, age 91, from Reedley California is here visiting for a couple of weeks, with my parents. We have been having such a wonderful time with her. I love how she tells me everyday with tears in her eyes, what a wonderful husband I have and a beautiful home and children. I love her so much. She only met Ava for the first time last week, and they have become good buddies. They each learned how to sign 'I love you' to one another.

My dad updated his blog this morning about our time together and I couldn't help copy it and post it here. This is such a true description of my family. He is a deep thinker and a good writer. I like him alot:

.....sitting at the table at Urbans' house it dawned on me the 5 kids that eat there daily are all unique in their dispositions, their talents, their giftings, from 5 continents. Simeon likes to pester, however when it comes to helping the very needy Ava, Simeon is very quick to respond and help. Liesel, abides by all of the rules, always asks for permission and grieves deeply in her heart when her heart is broken. Jude is quiet, has a grin, loves music, and drifts away playing on his keyboard, actually it is quite a bit of pre programming and it sounds like Jude is playing classic renditions. He is very thoughtful. Hope is about 220 volts, very energetic, and her feelings she carries on her sleeves. She can only see when it is HER feelings that are hurt, and could NEVER imagine she might hurt someone else with her actions or words. Great Grandma Nagle defended them well in a family court hearing when we discussed how wise it is to let kids crawl on top of the table from one side to the other.


I've always said, and you can write it on my epitaph, that of all of God's GREAT creations, the Stars, the Moon, the Sun, the human Eye, the reproductive miracle, the most awesome and wonderful was the concept of family...a Great Grandma, a grandparent, mom and dad, brothers and sisters, uncles, aunts, children..... We did genealogy studies at Urbans yesterday and found ancestors born in 1490. We're looking forward to coming to the USA to watch little Urbans while Mom and Dad go appear before a judge to be legal parents of a little boy Joseph.

13 comments:

kirsten said...

Oh, that made me miss your kids so much!!!! Blessed travels in bringing your sweet boy home w/ you!!

Shelly said...

The last picture is indeed Priceless! I have always said what a wonderful family you have, good luck on your journey to bring Joseph home!

Unknown said...

That pretty much sums it all up...real well.

Unknown said...

Thanks Charissa for taking those great pictures! I will cherish them forever. Will make copies for Mom so she will show them for all her friends! I love you and am proud of you and your family!!

junglemama said...

So that's your Grnadma from Reedley. :) You are so right Charissa, family is priceless!

Teresa DiCesare said...

Great Grandma looks AMAZING for her age, she looks like she is in her 70's with beautiful skin and features, nice genes to pass on......

Sandi said...

VERY sweet.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is so precious. I loved what Tim said about your kids, and it's all true. Each one has a distinct personality and every one of them full of love. It's a wonderful sight to behold. I was so happy to visit with your folks and grandmother Nagle a week ago. A very cherished time and it was too short.
Love and blessings to you all! I miss you.
Aunt Sharon

June Berger said...

All wonderful pics, but for some reason the last pic made me cry. Must be pure love...it's irresistable.

Beth said...

Love this.

Justine said...

Love it!

Bethany said...

I love those pics of Ava and Gma. So, the one pic where Ava has the spoon in her mouth and Gma is holding the baby doll, is that really Ava's belly?! OMG I love it.

jennifer... said...

That 4-generation picture will be one to keep forever. Love the "tongue" kiss from Ava!