Wednesday, August 12, 2009

We're home

We just spent the last 6 days in Valle de Bravo, Mexico visiting my parents who have been missionaries there for over 20 years. I took over 300 photos that will take me some time to sort through and share but here are a few for now. We had a really nice time and my kids want to know why can't Daddy work in Mexico so we can go there to live? :)

The more I thought about the 14 hour airplane+bus+taxi+van rides to get to my parents' little town, plus the dirty floors in the bus station, plus Ava's immobility and her bad habit of scooting around and licking floors......the more I thought she would enjoy spending a few nights with her Aunt Marlita while we were gone! Thankfully Marlita didn't mind keeping her here and we were so glad to leave her in good hands. We missed her but thankfully there is this thing called Skype that kept us all connected! And Marlita survived having 5 kids, 3 in diapers, for almost a whole week. Thanks again Sister!






2 comments:

Marlita said...

We had lots of fun with her. I especially love how she draws attention. I'm glad we could spend some quality time with her.

thedickinsonfamily said...

Welcome Home Urban famliy, welcome home.
I'm so glad you had a wonderful visit with your parents.
You are the hostess with the mostess! Your mother has taught you well. I can't wait to see more pictures of your trip. It looks beautiful and relaxing there.