Thursday, March 24, 2011

Spring Fever

Today it was decided that we needed to ease up on our homeschool schedule and take lunch to the park with our friends, the Wrights. I brought my camera to the park to take pictures, but instead the moms sat in the nice warm van and visited while the kids froze their tails off enjoyed playing outdoors this fine spring day.

You know you are a homeschool mom when you have an hour and a half to catch up with your girlfriend, and you spend the whole time talking about sentence diagraming, cool math websites, and interesting facts about presidents.

So why did I take my camera all the way to the park on a chilly spring day but not take any pictures of kids playing?

I have no idea.

But I did take this photo:
We went to Wendy's for lunch. Liesel ordered a chicken sandwich----with the lettuce on the side to share with a certain someone peeking out of the carrier. And yes he did come to the park with us.  I have to say Prince is one spoiled rodent!


Earlier I had decided to run up to the school and rescue Hope from her peanut butter and jelly sandwich; I took her out to lunch instead. I feel as if I am always up at the school dealing with tube feedings or behavior problems , or taking one of the kids to the doctor. I wanted to make sure Hope knew that she is special too.

She wanted to go to the "Pat-a-Cake Pat-a-Cake Baker's Man" as she calls it (otherwise known as the  sub and deli shop just up the street). 

She asked me why the baker painted on the window looked so surprised? 

I told her maybe a busload of people just showed up and he didn't have enough food for everybody!


She said.......
"Maybe he just saw his girlfriend kissing his cousin!"

Hmmmm. That WOULD be quite a surprise!:) 
Love that girl.

5 comments:

Timothy said...

Good morning Urbans! Prince doesn´t know how nice he has it to have someone like Liesel looking out for him.

Anonymous said...

Love your day to day comments. Your kids sure love their animals. :-) It amazes me all the energy you have, and boundless love to go with it.
Love you,
Aunt Sharon

Anonymous said...

We are less than 30 days away from end of school year. Totally understand the need for a 'break'. Glad you got your 'fix'.

We went to the library for story day.

Jan

Deb D. said...

You are such a cool mom! I bet Hope loved (!) having you to herself for her surprise lunch. Fun!

And what a dear is Liesel to think of her little pal. And what a cute carrier for him! I had gerbils when I was about her age. We ended up with lots of them! They bred often and had many each time. The local pet store got a good supply from us. :-)

jennifer... said...

Then again, maybe he was telling someone that the Urbans smell like mayonnaise and didn't realize you were standing right behind him.