Sunday, October 26, 2008

My week

Don't you love dressing all your family members in coordinating fall-colored outfits and going to the pumpkin patch for a photo shoot like this random family we saw today?
Neither do I. Instead I got this crazy picture of a barefoot, messy-haired girl with a dirty face pretending to fly off the hay stack.
And here's a cute little pumpkin........

I love this time of year! The geese and ducks have been stopping by our pond for a little break from their flying routine..... and some food.
We are studying early American History and the kids built this little Jamestown fort last week out of pretzel sticks, raisins, grass and toothpicks.

My cousin Caleb came over for dinner tonight. He is half jock and half cowboy......I love it when he wears his cowboy boots with shorts. It's great that he's single because he still makes time to come around and throw his cousins up in the air and wrestle on the floor with them and kick around the soccer ball. (Did I mention he's single?)
I spent about 3 hours yesterday trying to make Halloween costumes of these characters.....Stay tuned for the results...




6 comments:

Pan Cratius said...

So, will you be serving DUCK this Thanksgiving as the main course now that you have some visitors headed south for the winter?

Marlita said...

I can't wait to see the costumes, and how fun that Caleb came by. He is good about that.

kirsten said...

your hilarious Charissa! your costumes are always creative! and your kids are so lucky to have you as a mom!

The Urbans said...

post the customes! I want to show Bryan.

WheresMyAngels said...

Tell your cousin to get rid of the boots with shorts and then he won't be single!! ha ha

cheyenne is always trying to wear her cowboy boots with her shorts or capri's.

junglemama said...

Greta picture of Ava in the pumpkins! I am so sorry about your brother and his son. How hard this must be for them.