Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Thank you!!!!

I am ecstatic! I got an email yesterday telling me that my Chip-In goal of $1,000 has been raised for Yulia's adoption fund. LOOK HERE!!!! Thank you to all who contributed! This certainly made my day because it brings her a little closer to finding a family. I'm going to keep the button on the side in case anyone still wants to donate. The bigger her adoption fund, the better her chances of getting adopted. By the way, donations are tax deductible through Reece's Rainbow and do not go through me. I'm going to keep the drawing on Mar 1 in case anyone else wants to contribute. And soon I'll be on my blogging roll again. :)

Meanwhile, I got an email last night that I wanted to share from one of the Reece's Rainbow mommies who is leaving soon to adopt a little boy from Ukraine. She said so many things are falling into place and she asked me to pray. She and her husband had really hoped to adopt a second child, a 4 yr. old girl, while they are there. But the funds just are not there. All they need is another $4,000!

I couldn't help but think what a shame it would be for a measly $4,000 to come between a little orphan girl being able to have a family of her own. I told her I would mention it here. You guys were so generous to Yulia, and I thought if anyone still has something to give, perhaps you could help this family out. I am not going to publicly share their blog here, but if anyone wants more information about this family I can share more info with you. Just email me charissaurban@yahoo.com.


Simeon turned 11 yesterday, and Ava be 5 on Friday! Birthday pictures to come....