Friday, February 19, 2010

A Hero Among Us


While you are standing at the grocery store checkout line this week, be sure to pick up a copy of People Magazine, skip past Alec Baldwin, Angelina Jolie and Elin Woods, and open it straight to page 86. One of my favorite people in the world is featured in the Heroes Among Us section. Andrea Roberts, whose son Reece has Down Syndrome, is truly our hero and an inspiration to many. Andrea has made it her mission in life to let the world know that EVERY child deserves a family. She is the reason Ava has gift of a family, and the reason we have the gift of our Ava.

It's a wonderful article, you should definitely read it.

(And guess who is quoted at the very end!)

11 comments:

Larsen Family said...

I love it!!!! I saw that People magazine just an hour ago when I was checking out at Walmart, I never get one, but I might have to now. Thanks for sharing.

Tim Rovenstine said...

Can I buy it on Ebay in a month...in Mexico they don't sell People magazine at Walmart...only Playboy. Why does Walmart in Mexico put Playboy on it's rack?

Adeye said...

Is that the issue with Celine Dion on the cover?

Hugs
Adeye

Anonymous said...

That is so cool ! You are in People magazine !!!!!! :) I love Reece's Rainbow !
Heather

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

AWESOME!!!
Ya'll are almost famous! ;)

Charissa said...

Adeye, it's Elin Woods on the cover, Tiger Woods' wife.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness how cool is that!!

Stacy
Sand Springs

jennifer... said...

I'm telling ya -- Forest Gump's feather follows you, girl. ;)

Shannon said...

Very cool! (I just wish they had said kids with Ds instead of "Down syndrome kids") But awesome!

Rhonda said...

....And the reason for our major blessing....Zechariah!

Anonymous said...

Incredible!

We are really praying about someday adopting through Reece's Rainbow.