Monday, February 1, 2010

My Wall of Photos

At least two of my blog readers have noticed that I haven't been blogging as much and have asked for more updates on our family (OK so those two blog readers are my parents. But anyway---)

So today I'm attempting to blog a little and post some photos over the last few weeks.

For several months I have been collecting frames from the Goodwill and painting them black with a goal of making a wall of portraits for my dining room. My decorating friend came over one day a few weeks ago and we made a day out of arranging them on my wall. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. I personally don't think this picture on this blog does it justice, it looks much more beautiful in real life.

One of the second hand frames I found had this canvas painting in it. Hope keeps referring to it as "The Mona Lisa". ha!

Jude had fun doing his own paint job. ha! :) I can't figure out which room to display it in though. (kidding).
And while I was in the frame-collecting painting mode, I made this magnetic chalkboard out of an old frame, a piece of sheet metal and some chalkboard paint. The plates came from the Goodwill too, 50cents each! Have I mentioned how much I love the Goodwill????


5 comments:

Deb D. said...

Such a sense of belonging for your children. How deeply that anchors them. Wonderful!
Makes me think of a saying I read when I was young, "There are two lasting gifts I want to give my children. One is roots. The other is wings."

June Berger said...

I think the wall and the chalk board are awesome! Believe me Goodwill is my favorite too! It's always an adventure, you never know what you'll find!

Anonymous said...

Love the wall!!!

(and the animals. I think you have the best house around. I bet all the kids want to hang out at your house)

Jan

Shelly said...

I am so glad your parents wanted you to blog more because i really enjoy reading your post. I tried doing a blog but can never find interesting things to write about. I look forward every morning when i get to work, to see what is new at the Urban household. Keep up the good work and i'll just keep reading! And i can't wait till March, it's soccer time!!!

Kerry Shealy said...

I love the chalkboard idea!!!