Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Five things that made me smile today.....
I loved this idea I read on a blog today (Thanks Valerie), so I thought I would do the same. She says at the end of the day she tries to think of 5 things that made her smile that day. I asked my kids to do the same tonight, and it is so funny to see how our "things" are so different. For example, "It snowed today", would not be on my list of things that make me smile, but it was on every one of my kids' smile list. For me, Snow Days=Lost mittens, boots that have been outgrown, cold hands that need warmed, runny noses that need wiped, water puddles that need dried up, and a big pile of laundry to do at the end of the day.
Despite the snow day, however, I do have 5 things that made me smile today. One for each of my 5 kids.
1. Watching Simeon feed Ava his oatmeal when he didn't know I was looking.
2. Reading Liesel's poem titled, "A Fart".
3. The sound of Jude trying to figure out how to play the guitar.
4. Hope's unmatching gloves....boy gloves, two different sizes, and me convincing her they were supposed to be that way because that was the new style when in reality I just couldn't find any others.
5. The sight of Ava on a snow sled with her stocking cap over her eyes and her tongue sticking out in excitement while her daddy pulled her, then the sight of her little feet sticking out of his jacket when she fell facedown in the snow and he took her inside to warm up by the fire.