Thursday, September 18, 2008

Ava's favorite thing.....

....about our new house is the full length mirror attached to the master bathroom wall. I decided to take advantage of the fact that she loves to stare at herself so much and I put up a support stool so she will be forced to bear weight on her legs a little bit every day. Normally she doesn't like to stand for more than a few seconds....but with a mirror in front of her, you see....she doesn't mind one bit. Pretty clever, heh?


And I included this video too...be sure to watch to the end as she discovers she can see herself in a compact disc (as she has also discovered she can see herself in window reflections and shiny spoons).

14 comments:

Sarah Maples said...

That giggle is hilarious and she is such a sweet sweet girl.

Dalene said...

Okay. Now that you live close, I have to get up there more so she can know us. What a blessing she is! I LOVE to hear her laugh!

Robin said...

that is just a wonderful way to begin my day! I love the way she rests her little chin in her hands while she looks from the mirror to mommy (or the camera..wink wink)
and the giggle when she sees herself the cd! good times!

Jeremy and Melanie said...

She is growing up so much!! Miss you!

little dalene said...

She is SO grown up! And she's totally related to Becca. She still looks at herself all the time like that. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love the video and pictures. Very tricky with the stool in front of the mirror. Whatever motivation you can use is great.

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Well if that is not adorable, I do not know what is!!!

Christina said...

Man she is SO cute! She has grown so much!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gosh ! I can't believe she can stand !!!!
Pretty soon she is going to be walking !
It is crazy how much she is improving. Every time I watch videos or see pictures I feel like I am looking at a totally different girl. Love you guys !
Heather

Anonymous said...

I'd gaze at myself like Ava does if I were as cute as she is! I love watching her with her little chin in her hands, looking at herself. Her giggle is contagious!
Catherine Hendrickson

Kerry Shealy said...

That was too cute!
Kerry from RR

Michelle said...

I love the "AhhhBBBBBBB" :o) I had a dream the other night that she looked at me and said, "Hi!"...I must have been thinking of all of the RR kiddos before I fell asleep the other night, and she ended up in my dream! She is doing so wonderfully! Watching her giggle at her reflection in the cd is just too adorable!

junglemama said...

She is precious!

Keri said...

What a wonderful video! I ADORE her laugh at the end! I'm so glad I found your blog...via your comment on mine! Can't wait to read more! Ava is absolutely beautiful...