Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cutie Pie saved the day!

Thanks to everyone who gave great suggestions for my clown predicament. I was surprised to see that even Sweet Pea herself left a comment with her reason for not being able to make the party. Thank you Anonymous, that was really funny, but who are you? My brother also offered to come dressed up as a motivational speaker in a van down by the river to give my kids a speech about how we don't always get what we want for our birthdays. Very funny indeed.

Here is how the event turned out. Here is Sweet Pea from last year....
Hope went with me to check the mail and found this jar of candy with a note attached (thanks Kelly for the idea). In the note, Sweet Pea apologized for not being able to come to the party but offered to send her little sister, "Cutie Pie" in her place.
This is my cousin's 11 yr. old daughter (AKA Cutie Pie the Clown), isn't she cute??!!!
The first thing Hope asked was, "Where is Sweet Pea?" but she soon forgot all about Sweet Pea, and had a wonderful birthday, following Cutie Pie around everywhere.
Even Ava loved Cutie Pie, but she seemed to think her face paint was frosting the way she kept licking her on the face! I hope it's non-toxic.
Happy Birthday, my sweet 4 year old girl!
Some of our guests were invited......
And others were not.......
The kids had a great time pulling each other around in the red wagon.....
??????
And Ava made a new little friend, but she did not want to share her ball.
Uncle Jason called to wish Hope a Happy Birthday while cousin Evi was making her look beautiful...
Next it was Hope's turn to make her friend Dorothy look beautiful too. I am thinking I see a career in cosmetology in her future??

10 comments:

Shea said...

It looks like it was a wonderful party!!! I'm so your kids had such a good time. The clown was awfully cute too!

Me said...

I'm glad everything worked out. And I have to tell you, Hope is such a GORGEOUS little girl. She's got such stunning features.

WheresMyAngels said...

Happy Birthday Hope!

Looks like she had a great time and also was very evil with the face painting.

Anonymous said...

Glad she had a great time. It looks like everyone did.

Anonymous said...

What a great party ! I wish I could've been there. =] Tell Hope happy birthday for me, and that I love her !
Miss you guys bunches !
-Heather

kirsten said...

I miss that girl! Happy, happy Birthday dear Hope! Lucy, and Annie-Grace miss you....and send big HUGS....we think you look more like a princess w/ your new "cool" bangs:)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Beautiful, Beautiful pictures!! THe party looks like it was a blast

Michelle said...

Charissa - I am so glad everything worked out! What a fun party :o) Hope is so beautiful! Im so happy she had such a wonderful day!!! I laughed out loud at your brother's suggestion about the motivational speaker (Chris Farley) and his van down by the river - lololol!

jennifer... said...

So its been 4 years since the day I "heard" Hope be born.  It was a precious moment I'll never forget.  Happy Birthday, Hope!!

Dalene said...

Cutie Pie had a great time! Thanks for letting her be a part of it.