Monday, September 1, 2008

We're home!!!


I was thankful to have a 3-day weekend to get settled in to our new house. Thanks to Kasey and Angela, Delahne, Eugene, Jeff, Tim, Juan and Marlita for their help. It is a true friend who will help you move in 100 degree weather.

I snapped a picture as we drove in for the first time knowing in the future there will probably be bikes laying around....And this will probably be the only time you see the kitchen spotless.....


We have spent 2 nights here and are loving it!!! We sat on the porch last night and listened to two owls talking to each other. It is so peaceful and quiet. It is weird to not hear the doorbell ringing every 5 minutes. The fish bite and they're big! I'll post more soon, but I've got more unpacking to do! And I'm tired!

20 comments:

Emma said...

What a beautiful house! I hope you are already creating happy memories in it.

RoverHaus said...

Any cows around?

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful home God has given you. It looks so peaceful and spacious. Enjoy!
~Lisa

Deb D. said...

I'm following along! Have your new site marked in my Google Reader. Can't wait to hear about your life at the funny farm! :-) It is amazing. Beautiful home and setting. What a dream come true.

Deb D. said...

I'm following along! Have your new site marked in my Google Reader. Can't wait to hear about your life at the funny farm! :-) It is amazing. Beautiful home and setting. What a dream come true.

Kathy said...

congratulations on your beautiful new home.

Jester 6 said...

It looks wonderful! Over the weekend I was at a friends house. It's a brand new house with a bunch of trees right behind her. Then she laughed and said 'well for now anyway'. Eventually there will be more houses there. It made me think of your old house. :)

Julie said...

LOVE THE NEW HOUSE!!! I'm super jealous of your yard and the owls!!!

Marlita said...

We loved helping you move. Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Thanks for having us last night!

Bethany said...

That was so fast! Did you sell the other house yet? This house is gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Congratulations, Urban family! What a gorgeous home!

Christina said...

Very nice house! Congrats on the move and already enjoying your beautiful house! SO many new memories to be made! I've got your new blog in my reader! :)

Melissa Mc said...

It's beautiful Charissa!

4 princesses & then 1 prince said...

Welcome Home! Your place is beautiful. We are jealeous of all the GREEN-ery you have.

Hollands said...

Wow! Nice digs. Congrats!
Gina

Kerry Shealy said...

Your house is beautiful!!! I'm so excited for you!
Kerry from RR

Dalene said...

We might be in your neck of the woods on Thurs. Will you be home?

mommybug29 said...

Beautiful home! I LOVE the kitchen!

Kasey said...

The Marrs' family has plans to visit the Urban farm on a frequent basis.

Anonymous said...

We are so excited for you!

:)
Justine