Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Ava's first day of school


Today was Ava's first day of school. Here she is with her new teacher, Mr. Clark (or "Mr. Clowk" as Hope calls him). I couldn't get her to face the camera as she was so engrossed in Mr. Clark's left sideburn. Or is it his ear?

She's 4, but she'll be in the developmentally delayed 3 year old class. I am quite happy that there are only 3 students in her class and 2 aides, making it a 1:1 ratio. I was really impressed with the school, her class, and her teacher. It's only half days 3 days a week, and I think that is perfect. At least for now.

10 comments:

Tracie said...

I would love to hear about Ava's school. We'll be bring home a little boy with DS in Dec or Jan. He'll turn 3 in March.

If you have time please email me at tracieloux@ihop.org

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful program. One-on-one attention is amazing. I hope she has a wonderful time learning. I can't wait to see the growth and changes she will do in the months to come.

Melissa Mc said...

Hey Charissa
I would love to hear where you moved and where Ava's school is, but I am sure you wouldn't want to post that. Can you email me? mmcpherson11@cox.net

Beth said...

How terrific is that? I love men teachers. My all time favorite teacher was my male fifth grade teacher. It was so cool.

It looks like Ava will has a great start to the school year!

June Berger said...

I'm sure Mr. Clowk is smitten with Miss Ava, and so he should be! :o)

Dalene said...

I've got to add this new blog to my google reader! Looks like I've missed a lot.

The house looks great...

Christina said...

How exciting! Praying for a year of many great things for sweet Ava!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

She is so precious as is your entire family I see on this blog. I'd love to hear more about your stories of adoption.

Rita Andrews said...

Charissa
im so glad that her school year looks like it is starting off just great!!!

Rita

Shea said...

I think half days are great for now. I hope she likes school. I'm sure everyone will love her there.