Friday, September 26, 2008

The bus

Riding the bus is cool...At least that's what Ava thinks. Here she is waiting for her bus. I think she understands us when we tell her, "Bus is coming!", because she claps her hands and kicks her legs. Then again, she tends to get excited when everyone else is excited, so who knows for sure?
Here she is ever so reluctantly waving to me after I strapped her into her seat. Then she knocks on the window and claps and squeals. She LOVES the bus!

We all stand in the driveway and wave to her as she goes....across the street...to school. Yes, I could put everyone in the car and drive her across the street three days a week, but where is the fun in that?
I am trying not to take it personally, but when the bus arrives home and I go to get her out of her car seat, she has been taking the seat belt out of my hands and trying to buckle herself back in. How cute is that?
Here's what came home with her yesterday, a little plastic firechief hat. She loves trying to put it on her head.

8 comments:

Robin said...

I guess your next car is going to have to be....a bus!

Susan said...

"The wheels on the bus go 'round and 'round....all over town!"

Does Ava know this favorite preschool song yet? If not, I bet she'd love it, especially as you can add hand-motions and other gestures to make it more fun.

I bet Hope would have a blast with it, too! I think there's even a picture book version, but really, all you need is people to sing and "act it out".

That fireman's hat is adorable...what a cutie!

Best wishes,
Susan in Ky

Michelle said...

Awwww, such a big girl! I just love those little pigtails :o)

Anonymous said...

This is a good education, Opa

kirsten said...

Charissa, your such a great homeschooling mom! and Wilson went through the phase loving to read Captain Underpants....must be a boy thing! Also....Wilson is skateboarding too...we have a skateboarding park next to Noah's practice field where Wilson spends time. I wish they could skate together:(

4 princesses & then 1 prince said...

Cute Cute! I love the picture of Ava on the steps waiting for the bus....oh, and the one where she's on the bus too. What a big girl!

Anonymous said...

Too precious. If the people in the Ukraine could see her now. Waiting for the school bus, just like any other child. Looks like she likes her fireman hat.

My kids have started to ride the bus this year, as well. The very controlling person that I am, had to let go and let them do it. They really like it, much to my chagrin. It does make my life a little easier; but I won't tell them that.

Anonymous said...

This is such an adorable post. How wonderful that she loves school and the bus! She is too cute and I am amazed at all the signs she has picked up and how much awareness she has developed for the world around her. :)