Sunday, September 21, 2008

Girls who Fish

Our babysitter's grandma loves to fish but her husband nor anyone else in her family ever wants to take her (so they say). So we had her out this weekend. She made a wonderful fishing companion. I don't like to fish, but I love to glean spiritual wisdom (as well as gardening tips) from women much wiser than I..... I loved this picture.


And Hope caught a couple of little ones too. She said, "Mommy, I love to fish" (she gets that from her dad I guess). She got this Barbie fishing pole for her birthday, and the boys were making fun of it, saying she wouldn't be able to catch anything with it! She proved them wrong! I wish I had gotten a photo of her and Simeon fishing together. He worms the hook and casts and she reels it in. That afternoon in the car, I told her to thank her brother for fishing with her, and she said, "Simeon, thank you for taking me fishing with you. I want to marry you someday." (AAAWWWWW).

7 comments:

Tracie said...

Too cute, on both accounts!

Dalene said...

Are those real fish? REALLY? From your pond? Did you eat them?

Cammie Heflin said...

I love her facial expressions, they are too funny!

liesel said...

Dalene....As opposed to plastic ones? Yes, they are real and they are from our pond. We haven't eat any, we have been throwing them back for next time.

Robin said...

what a little heart melter

Anonymous said...

Fun. I loved to fish at my grandpa's pond when I was younger, too.

Unknown said...

Really sweet! What a sweetheart! Hope all is well! I still haven't started the blog back, but you inspire me, you do!